Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Updates! On to bigger and better!



Dearest families and friends! There is so much to update I thought I would do it in one BIG post! ;-) I hope life is treating you all superb as you much deserve it! I can't believe almost exactly a year ago Cam and I graduated. (Congratulations to all our friends and family members who graduated this last weekend! Woo hoo!) A year has passed, and we don't have much to show for it ...sadly. But our intentions were to work and save for a little while before our next big adventure. Well ... after several interviews, too many flights, and hours of waiting and anticipation Cameron has been accepted and has accepted the acceptance into the Doctorate Program of Pharmacy at the University of Washington in Seattle, WA. Bring on the rain! It was difficult deciding ultimately where we wanted to move to and which school to choose. There were a couple of schools he interviewed for but was waitlisted and to be honest, I am grateful that that narrowed down are choices to far less. Ultimately choosing between just the two schools we had limited it to was difficult enough!!! Cameron begins the four year doctorate program this coming September and we plan to move up to Seattle sometime in August after making our way to Utah for the summer to spend some time with family and friends. I am excited about the idea of starting a new adventure and the opportunities and experiences that come with living in a BIG city! Terrified? Yes! but excited as well. The school is in the heart of downtown Seattle, only minutes from the Needle and the oh-so famous Fish Market. Not only does the University of Washington have one of the top five Pharmacy Programs in the country, they are rated number one for their nursing program as well as number one for the Masters of Public Health program. The idea of financing both Cameron and myself through more schooling seems a little overwhelming, but we shall see how time plays out. I would love to keep going as well. Competition seems just as overwhelming as tuition - but again...we shall see what roads we end up on together. I have no idea what I am going to do when we get there, other than pack Cameron's school lunches ;-), find a job (or two - but who knows doing what?) to maybe keep us afloat as we take out school loans, and find all the exciting things to do and see in Northern Washington (I've never been to Canada - so that's on the top of the list.) I want to thank so many of you for your prayers and words of encouragement! We couldn't do it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment