Friday, July 12, 2013

Celebrating our Independence!

It's fourth of July! One of my favorite holidays! I absolutely LOVE fireworks, 4th of July BBQ's, the country painted in red, white, and blue, the music, playing outside, the list is endless! Honestly, it really is just as exciting for me as celebrating Christmas, well...almost as exciting! Here's some pictures from our days adventures...


Starting the morning how it ought to...remembering those who have gave their lives and fought and defended our freedom! This was at our Church building, at our ward's Pancake breakfast and flag raising!


 We then took off to go check out the Wooden Boat festival downtown, just off of Lake Union (I think, I still can't keep all this water sorted...) It was a fun afternoon adventure! The Museum of History and Industry was right there as well, and with it being the first Thursday of the month, we were able to cruise around that with no cost.

We went with the Dances (our super good friends who live in our building!!). Cam and Dallin spent some time constructing their own little wooden boats (which Cameron LOVED! yep, that's my honey building his little boat surrounded by an ocean of little children!) Meanwhile, Chelsie and I built a kite, which we failed miserably at getting it to fly...





It was a fun, beautiful Seattle day! We had debated how to celebrate the evening. Going to the big firework show would be a LONG adventure, and a little difficult with Laila... sadly. We, of course, had some friends over for some yummy BBQ food. Afterwards,  Cam and I had originally planned to draw pictures of fireworks and throw them up in the air  (pathetic I know!), BUT we were able to get a key to the roof of our building and watch the city fireworks from there! Not the best view, but a fun get-away (with the company of the baby monitor :) ). We could hear and watch the sky light up - and surprisingly several of the big fireworks. We also rented the movie Lincoln. At first it was such a SLOW, confusing start, but it really was insightful. There were so many things that I really hadn't understood, or I guess paid much attention to when I study that part of American history. Abraham Lincoln is one of the first people I look forward to meeting in the hereafter, what an incredible man! Happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment