Friday, July 12, 2013

Laila's 5 months!

Ok, before I jump into this I must give credit where credit is due. My sister-in-law, Chris's wife, Melani does this fabulous thing each month where she writes about their baby's, Jack, "Top Three". I love it! What a great idea to stay on top of journal and recording their baby's growth and life. So....I am going to jump on board with that! Thanks for the great idea Melani !

I can not believe I almost have a 6 month old! We are so close to a half a year! Its crazy to me how much these little babes develop and change in such a small amount of time. Crazy thing, growing a body, huh?! So here are Laila's top three for month number CINCO!

Top 3 Cutest things she does...
1. Laila gets this smile, like I'm pretending to be shy but I LOVE the attention! Just love me! Its one of my absolute favorite facial expressions I've seen her do!
2. She's starting to kind of, sort of, maybe cuddle! I have been so sad to not have a baby who likes to cuddle. She prefers her own space to wiggle and stretch! Even when she is tired, she is not a baby who likes to be cuddled and rocked. She will fuss and fuss. Put her down and she will put herself to sleep easy peesy! BUT, I think we may be rounding that corner, just a bit! She now will lay her head on my chest and just lay there! I LOVE it!
3. She giggles! She will giggle and giggle and giggle! And her best laughing time - way past tired! She gets slap happy! And really, you can get her to giggle for forever! (well all good things come to an end...but several minutes) One of my favorite sounds in the world now!

Top 3 Least cutest things she does..
1. BLOWS OUTS! This girl is famous for them. I can't tell you how many times we change her clothes, we change her blankets, I wash her carseat, or I change my clothes PER DAY! Almost without fail, every time she poops you got to be careful! She's always been a good pooper with lots of blow outs, but I swear its getting worse. Its a cannon! (sorry for the poop talk, but that's life)
2. Pulls mom's hair!
3. Coughs with her mouth full of milk. Really its no big deal to me, but her dad teases her for it.

Top 3 Favorite things
1. Her feet! She loves to lay on her back, spread eagle, each hand holding onto a foot.
2. Water! (yes, her mom is stoked!)
3. Singing. She can be getting upset and fussy, but the second you start singing to her it puts a smile on her face. Often times, she starts making noises as if she is trying to sing along :)

Top 3 Dislikes
1. I would say her carseat, but honestly, that is getting much better. She used to scream every time she went in it, even when she was little. But we're getting away with it more now.
2. Getting dressed. Undressed she's fine, but once you starting putting clothes over her head she's lets you know that she's not loving it!
3. Her medicine. Yep after 5 months you think she would be use to it by now...actually in all honesty, she is getting better at taking it but she'll still let you know that she's not happy about it.

Top 3 Funniest things she does...
1. Bath time!!!! Holy cow! Expect to get soaked! She LOVES to splash! And she is so focused at doing so...we can't stop laughing.
2. We started feeding her rice ceral - she LOVES IT! Its funny to watch her though, you can't feed it to her fast enough!
3. Checks herself out in the mirror! She'll stare herself down for a minute and then just get the biggest grin! Like, "hey good lookin' !"

Happy 5 months Lil' Bug!



No comments:

Post a Comment