Friday, December 19, 2014

Our Trip to ZIONS

Mid-September we took off to Utah for a family trip to Zions National Park. It was an incredible experience. Got to meet up with some good friends along the way and Laila got to spend some time crashing with cousins while we took off to Southern Utah. Thanks again to everyone for making this possible. 


Seattle friends. 




Playing together at grammy's 


Another Seattle friend :) Chels and I have plans for summer romances for these two, when they are WAAYY older! 


Playing with the cousins. 





Let the adventure begin. 





My canyoneering buddy. This was such a COOL experience. Cam and I decided we wanted to take up a new hobby, post grad school maybe :) I can't remember how many repels we did, but there was a good handful. Maybe ten or so. The last one was the kicker. Over 100ft. Throw yourself over that edge - big rush! 


Rockstars! 







Seriously, SOOOooo cool!



We did quite a bit of swimming. This looks like wading, but there was some full on swimming as well. Very cold water. 









2 day backpacking trip through the Narrows. Turned out to not go quite as smooth as planned. The previous day, I finished our canyon repel trip with a busted ankle, making hiking down the river for the next two days quite difficult. We also had some fun with a hornets nest, where I walked away with over a dozen stings. Thanks to Ben and Natalie for pulling them out of my hair and sacrificing themselves as well, they left with a couple stings. I don't remember them being that painful when I was a kid, but boy, they are painful! Especially when there is that many... I had no idea what was happening at first. I just felt like my skin was on fire and listening to my uncle tell me to run.  I realized at the point I had them all through my hair, along my arms and in my shirt. Yikes....even remembering it makes my skin crawl! 


No comments:

Post a Comment