Friday, February 26, 2016

Ballet Class

Laila tried out her first ballet class! She loved it! Monday mornings she wakes up, gets ready, and waits by the door with her shoes on hours before we need to leave for class. Helped that her best little buddy Ava was in class with her too.


Despite the fact that she is hugging the pole, she LOVED dancing around the room. What a fun thing as a parent?!  To watch your child, more or less, preform :) , even if she's only two and only kind of following along. Actually I think all our Zumba practice has paid off! She's super interested in following along and does pretty well with it. 

Often she will gallop around the house, singing, "Sha-shay! Sha-shay! Sha-shay!" I hope she never stops dancing! You know what else I thought about? What an awesome thing it is to see such confidence. She will look at herself in the mirror and say, "I'm so cute", a compliment she is happy to give anyone really. I hope she stays confident! Its motivated me, as a mother, and as a woman to feel that and strive for that. I think there is little anyone or anything can do to bring down a person if they are confident in who they are and what they stand for. 




No comments:

Post a Comment